Standard General Inc.(SG) is committed to the prevention of accidents and injuries.
Our objective is a safety and health program that will protect and maintain the Health and Safety of all employees, visitors, the public and contractors in the vicinity of SG worksites including their physical, psychological and social well-being. Our goal is zero accidents and injuries.
We recognize that the responsibilities for safety and health are shared:
1. The Management accepts the responsibility for leadership of the safety and health program for its ongoing effectiveness and improvement, and for providing the financial resources required to ensure safe working conditions.
2. Supervisors are responsible for developing safe behaviour in safety and health compliance in themselves and in those they supervise, and for ensuring that all operations are performed with the utmost regard for the health, safety and welfare of workers and other persons at the work site.
3. Employees are responsible for wholehearted, genuine co-operation with all aspects of the safety and health program, including compliance with all rules and regulations, both internal and legislated, and for continually practicing safety while performing their duties.
4. Contractors shall ensure that every work process or procedure performed at a work site by an employer, employer’s worker or self-employed person pursuant to a contract with the contractor that is under the control of the contractor does not create a risk to the health and safety of any person as well as advise Standard General of the name of every employer or self-employed person with whom the contractor directs the work activities.
5. As per the OHS Act, all workers have
(i)the right to be informed of work site hazards and the means to eliminate or control those hazards,
(ii) the right to meaningful participation in health and safety activities pertaining to their work and work site, including the ability to express health and safety concerns,
(iii) the right to refuse dangerous work, and
(iv) the ability to work without being subject to discriminatory action for exercising a right or fulfilling a duty imposed by this Act, the regulations or the OHS code.
The safety information in this Policy does not take precedence over the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations. All parties are obligated to comply with the OH&S Act, Regulations and Code.
SAFETY IS A PRIORITY IN ALL OPERATIONS