Working at Standard General
People are the key to our success and we are committed to building leaders in the construction industry.
We offer challenging and rewarding careers in a team-based work environment and are always looking for passionate diverse individuals.
The search for skilled and dedicated employees is ongoing.
Standard General Inc. has a lot to offer, whether you’re looking for a career or a student looking to make excellent money in the summer months.
As a member of our team, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
- Competitive Salaries
- Health Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Education Assistance
Positions within Standard General Inc.
- Administration: Accounting, Human Resources, Reception, Payroll, Safety
- Base: Grader Operator, Gradesman, Packer Operator, Scraper Operator
- Concrete: Finisher, Formsetter, String Line Setter
- Paving: Break Down Roller Operator, Finish Roller Operator, Paver Operator, Rakerman, Screed Operator, Shuttle Buggy Operator, Skid Steer Operator, Tack Truck Operator
- Pits and Plants: QC Technician, Loader Operator, Heavy Haul Truck Driver
- Operations: Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Estimator
- Shop: Automotive Technician, Heavy Equipment Technician, Welder
- Underground: Dozer Operator, Excavator Operator, Manhole Builder, Pipelayer, Track Loader Operator
- Various: Labourer, Flagger, Water Truck Driver
Standard General is a unionized organization, supported by the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local No. 955 and the Construction and Specialized Workers’ Union, Local No. 92
Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, employable physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, provincial and local law.